Parent Education Event: Gender Diversity with Lisa Love, manager of Health Education for SPS
Thursday April 19th, 6:15-8:15pm
The Parent Education Series Sponsored by the FPE PTA Presents:
Gender Diversity with Lisa Love, manager of Health Education for SPS
Come learn more about Gender Diversity and how we can support our children in their understanding. Learn the differences between gender and sexual orientation, gain an understanding of physical sex, assigned sex, gender identity, gender role, gender presentation, and perceived gender, and get your questions answered.
The Health Education Office of Seattle Public Schools provides comprehensive health materials, support, staff development, and technical assistance to students, staff and families.
Our mission is to promote readiness to learn, by enhancing the social, emotional and physical well-being and safety of students so that all students can achieve their academic potential.
· We provide comprehensive pre-k-12 education and resources that honor and respect the diversity of students and their families.
· We select and disseminate materials that are research-based, culturally and developmentally appropriate and are aligned to Washington State standards.
· We support curriculum projects and programs that encourage students to take responsibility for their personal health.
· We work in partnership with students, staff, and families and welcome opportunities for community collaboration.
· We offer education and activities that promote the equity of all students.